Monday, April 28, 2014

Is Jesus Enough?

Is Jesus enough?

This question has been haunting me the past 24 hours and I wish it would stop. (Since I am being honest...)

Will Jesus be enough for me if...

... relationships are never fixed even though I desperately want them to be
... my husband doesn't leave me a sweet note when I am having a bad day
... we never get out of debt
... if people talk about me behind my back
... if God takes everyone I love away from me
... if work is hard
... if marriage/life is hard
... if I lose my best friend
... if I have to do another load of laundry
... if God asks something hard of me
... if fill in the blank

These are all things that have been running through my mind. Of course I want to say that Jesus is enough for me, who doesn't want to get the sunday school answer correct but what does my life say about that question?

My life says that daily I battle with worldly desires, temptations, quick meaningless whatevers so that I can experience short-term satisfaction and claim to be happy. My life says that I claim Jesus is enough but I don't live it. My life says that Jesus is enough PLUS this over here on the side...

Of course, thank goodness, there is grace so much grace, but when will the time come that my life matches what I say? I can keep living this watered- down, don't hold me accountable for anything, comfortable Christian life but when do I take sin seriously and when I do really start believing that Jesus is enough for me? And more importantly when does my life show that I believe Jesus is enough for me?

Tough question, even tougher when I am really real with myself.

I leave you with a verse that I found encouraging today...

"For You are my rock and my fortress; and for Your name's sake, You lead me and guide me, You take me out of the net they have hidden for me, for You are my refuge. Into your hand I commit my spirit and You have redeemed me O Lord, faithful God." Psalm 31: 3-5


No comments: